View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 01:25 PM  
Steve Rupe
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRPdommy View Post
The Constitution is everyone's Constitution.

The flag is a symbol. I do not worship symbols. Many of you want to create a parody of the flag means our troops or our documents or other things. Nonsense... If those words of that document are not honored, what exactly is it those troops were fighting for ? At that point that flag become a mere rag.

But we really are not talking about a flag, it was a anthem. How is a anthem a flag and a flag then our troops ? When the anthem is over, they rise and the flag is still flying just as it did before they took a knee.
You are like attacking the messenger... you don't want to deal with the root problem here nor admit one exists. I don't agree with all of the accusations made against the law enforcement community, but I don't see real progress working to a solution to the others.

The constitution is meant to protect everyone... not 'some people'
The cops being agents of a state or city are still governed by the US constitution.
We are a nation of laws.
Those laws insure equal protection and equal judgement for all, not some.
The moment you ignore any part of that, you are ignoring all of it.

If you wanted to defecate on the flag, I might laugh at you and advise you not to do it, but I would stand-up for your right to do it if anyone tried to stop you.
It does not change the words of the document I cherish. It adds true meaning to them.

But our men and women in uniform have not lost their lives so that I might be forced to bow and worship before a flag. And I always have honored them and what they do.

You can say it is a matter of respect.
If you want to be respected, act respectful.
When our nation does not act respectful, it is not respected.
Nobody is asking for more than to live-up to the words in that document.
I do not "worship" and the Flag is a symbol that I respect and have defended and I will again. If anyone disrespects my Flag or my country in my presence then I will use my "god" given right to knock them on their ass. That is my position in this matter. I do not like the traditions of my country being disrespected by someone protesting their criminal brothers being shot down by law enforcement. There are of course a few bad shootings here and there but by far most that I have personally witnessed or have seen on video are justified.

End of conversation with you. You have your position and I have mine.
Steve Rupe is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote