View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 05:15 PM  
NALEM
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSEO View Post
Don't consider me an ass for this post, but you Americans are used to build these childish carton houses. If you try to build real houses of bricks and armored concrete like we do, there will be no such sad pictures of devastation after hurricanes and fires...
... Russian houses are made of 20-30 centimeter armored concrete (yeah, winter has came). Go on cowboy, try to shoot through it...
I'm not an engineer, but I think the homes built on the West Coast of USA/CA use wood framing because of the flexibility needed due to frequent earth quakes in the region. North East Coast family and friends seem to have concrete block structures due to stronger winter conditions and a lack of earth quakes.

A home we have in Europe, has 50cm reinforced concrete in the basement, and 30cm on 1st and 2nd floors.