Thread: Business Newbie + Advice
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 02:30 PM  
whocared

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_wahlberg View Post
First of all, why do you want to shift from Gaming industry to adult one?
Any specific reason?
I don't plan on shifting. My main focus will continue to be games. I just enjoy having a little varity. it's the spice of life, as they say.

I have been in the games industry for 8 years now. 4 as my own boss. I launched a gardening site a couple years back (I love gardening). That's pretty stable now. So I'm looking for something else I would enjoy to add to the portfolio.

I'm not sure if any of you guys know the arcades world well. But it's basically pretty much dead. Most of us have either moved to mobile or left the industry.

Browsers started dropping Flash support a few years back. Which was like 99% of the online casual games. Along came Unity WebGL and HTML 5 games. None of which have ever really managed to replace Flash. Quality issues, uncompilable HTML. Incompatibility issues with browers and all sort.

Arcades still exist and I still have mine but most are dead or dying with a few exceptions.

I miss the web side of it. I miss playing around with my websites, having game exchange with other webmasters, comparing games, stats, ideas and everything that went along with it.

That's why I made the comparrision between the two in my opening. I'm hoping I can find a little of that within this industry.
whocared is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote