View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 04:36 AM  
Paul Markham
Too old to care

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosTheGaucho View Post
This discussion went derailed very fast into absolutely unnecessary name calling instead of discussing concepts. However I'll just remark one thing - Islam is one ideology where, as a paradox, resentment to it, as well as apologizing it, has mostly both to do with ignorance.

While many will fear and resent Islam due to the perpetual acts of its followers, and due to its history, they may not know much about its doctrine. However, one can also pretty much guarantee that almost 100 pct. of those outside of Islam apologizing it have equally low, if not even lower knowledge about its doctrine.

What is important to know is that Islam, as codified in its doctrine, is a complete civilization, a complete way of life, including a very much totalitarian political system governing every aspect of life.

To discard it as a "religion" is only how those outside of Islam may see it. Let me give just one simple point for illustration - if you'd define religion as something you can choose or apostate from - that already disqualifies Islam.

You are either born to it (into a family following Islam), you can convert to it, but you can never leave, the penalty for apostasy as codified in the doctrine of Islam is death. Just count those many fatwas asking for death to, often known apostates, such as for example Ayaan Hirsi Ali.
As someone who has studied Islam and its followers there are major differences between their followers. As you say Islam is a way of life written 1400 years ago for a desert-dwelling ignorant people. I use the term ignorant in terms of 21st Century knowledge.

It dictates women as second class, extreme punishments for minor crimes, hate for people outside your sect of the religion, promotes hate, separation, abuse, etc. These are rules that were written for many religions but discarded, yet Islam is the only one still adhering to them today.

The saddest part is the harm Muslims do to other Muslims. Today in the ME and Africa they will kill more Muslims than Jews, Christians and Agnostics. One innocent girl got knifed today. That's nothing to the millions of Muslims killed at the hands of other Muslims. It makes the Holocaust the second worse act of genocide in History.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote