View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 05:42 AM  
thommy
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdultKing View Post
The elephant in the room here is that links are still a core part of the Google ranking algorithm and this can still be abused. However Rank Brain is slowly starting to sort that out.
here i agree in parts only. because observations told me that this linkpower from trusted sources is not a long term help. there is still a little TR in the algo somewhere but as logic the concept of TR is as vulnerable is it.

if links are followed and not used it is a question of a few weeks til you see the power decreasing. after a while the receiving and the giving site is for the garbage.

spammers concept is to build new again and again but in the past years google got a lot faster - so it is a question of time until the effort no longer covers the income (sure there will still be a difference in expectation thatīs why you see most spammers only in countries where a few hundreds dollars per months is still worth it).

i really think that this problem would be resolved within the internet economy much faster. but we did not really do smart things in the past 20 years what would help us to regulate the market at least on some basics. many cancer ulcers would not have come into existence if we had better self-regulation based on simple ethical principles.

i still wonder how this market still can exist because 90% of all actions in internet did only fuck the users and the competitors and eliminate the market instead to nurture and build it up.
but that is the war we are all in. let the better ones win.