View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 07:16 AM  
k0nr4d
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Markham View Post
Poland is a very religious country. Most Poles think it's a good idea to close shops on a Sunday.
I disagree with that. It is a religious country, but it's actually problematic for most people. Even the people that will be getting days off are basically the lowest paid workers in the country so retail workers/stock boys/cashiers/etc. I think even in those cases they are just happy to work and have a job. The stores themselves won't take a big hit - people are still gonna eat the same amount and they'll buy a hammer or some jeans on Saturday or Monday if they need one.

All the big grocery stores will be closed but small stores in villages where the owner is working will be open. Petrol stations can remain open, and I think cinemas and other "tourist attractions". There's already huge lineups always at grocery stores before holidays - now every friday and saturday will be packed like that. Also pain in the ass if my wife makes me do something around the house and it turns out I need to buy something from the hardware store (which will now be closed since it's sunday). This and the abortion ban are the only things the gov't has done that I really dislike (everything else I support or am neutral about). IMHO abortions should be allowed if they endanger the mother, it's a product of rape, or the child is gonna be disabled, but they shouldn't be readily available like "oh hey i'm preggo gonna get an abortion lol". This is how it's been for a long time in Poland and it was fine.
k0nr4d is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote