View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 11:33 AM  
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBaldBastard View Post
We know that if you keep putting or letting the Chinese go to China Town ( Insert City Name ), then they will never really integrate and or the process is infinitely prolonged at least until the 2nd and 3rd generations leave the area.
I can tell you that Chinese people PREFER to live in "China Town". Here in Vegas it's a vibrant community. And the one in San Francisco is absolutely incredible.

Reality Check: You can't "Put" or "Let" people live anywhere. They CHOOSE where they want to live. You can't force a Chinese family to move to a Hispanic or Black neighborhood.

If you think about it...what you are suggesting is some kind of dictatorship where people are controlled by govt. (seems to be what the Democrat Party is wanting the last few years).

I think it's just human nature for people to migrate to like-minded people. Most black people like to hang with other black people. Most hispanics hang with other hispanics, etc.
You simply have more in common with people who are more like yourself (obviously). It's just human nature to slip into your "comfort zone" and feel...well, comfortable.

Getting people to mix socially and live together is the goal of course. And it does happen. But it's not the first instinct of what people do.

If you were a Chinese man with a family moving to a new town...I almost guarantee you would be looking for a place in "China Town" so that you and your wife and kids would feel safe and comfortable.