View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 12:13 PM  
BaldBastard
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
I can tell you that Chinese people PREFER to live in "China Town". Here in Vegas it's a vibrant community. And the one in San Francisco is absolutely incredible.

Reality Check: You can't "Put" or "Let" people live anywhere. They CHOOSE where they want to live. You can't force a Chinese family to move to a Hispanic or Black neighborhood.

If you think about it...what you are suggesting is some kind of dictatorship where people are controlled by govt. (seems to be what the Democrat Party is wanting the last few years).

I think it's just human nature for people to migrate to like-minded people. Most black people like to hang with other black people. Most hispanics hang with other hispanics, etc.
You simply have more in common with people who are more like yourself (obviously). It's just human nature to slip into your "comfort zone" and feel...well, comfortable.

Getting people to mix socially and live together is the goal of course. And it does happen. But it's not the first instinct of what people do.

If you were a Chinese man with a family moving to a new town...I almost guarantee you would be looking for a place in "China Town" so that you and your wife and kids would feel safe and comfortable.
So your saying its good that immigrants retain their culture and heritage, and share it with us in their new found countries rather than fully integrating?

Hope for you yet Robbie ;P

As for the "dictatorship where people are controlled by govt.", real immigrants/ asylum seekers are placed, so they are told where they will be initially living, ideally that would be small communities welcoming them and not throwing them into a slum ghetto you have created or allowed to happen in some city.

BTW I do think the libby immigration plan for the USA was nuts, but Trumps is just as extreme and nutty, I hope somewhere there is a middle ground.

eg: No visa no work, and hit the employers with mega fines if the are employing non visa labour. It's a great Government cash raiser and doesn't require any walls.
BaldBastard is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote