View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 01:56 PM  
kane
Too lazy to set a custom title

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraX View Post
So what is really the cause of the lack of security clearances, bureaucracy ?

I'm asking...
I saw a story on the news about this last night. The clearances are handled through a two-step process. First, the FBI does their part, this can sometimes take a handful of months because they are trying to get clearances for a lot of people when a new administration takes over. Once they have finished their part they hand it off to the White House security office and they take it from there, doing their own clearance check then issuing the clearance as they see fit.

The FBI says they finished their part on Porter back in March 2017. So, you have to believe one of two things. Either the White House security office is so understaffed that it took them nearly a year to finish the clearance or there were people who knew about Porter's past and were trying to cover for him by delaying or obscuring the process.

The fact that many higher-ups within the administration also are still waiting for their clearance makes me think it is more likely that the White House is the one dragging their feet and not getting this done in a timely manner.
kane is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote