View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 11:25 PM  
INever
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitsmike View Post
Regarding the follow/unfollow technique, I think they're cracking down on follower churn, too. (follow a bunch, unfollow the non-followbacks)

I have an experimental account and I noticed a few things on it:
- They'll suspend it now after about 500 "events" per day. It's easy to get back, but it's definitely better to avoid it by tapering off after a few hundred clicks.
- They're messing with numbers. I can start with, say, 1000 following, 1000 followers. I can follow 500 people, come back in a few hours, see notifications for 50 new follows and be at 1001 followers. I'm not crazy, they're deliberately messing with the numbers. It does not happen on a "real" account.

In case it helps, for my experimental account I chose the niche of sports and I play around to see what causes engagement, follow backs, etc. I've had it going for about 18 months and the follower churn crackdown has been in the past 4 months or so. I see about one followback per 10-20 follows (per 10 being a good list, per 20 being untargeted.) Curious what sort of returns you guys see.

OK, so a couple of meme-oriented retweets with images on hot topics (Oscars, Kek, etc.).
Some of those get 20-50% engagement.
One got to 20,000 impressions.
Also I got viral on an original post with two or three retweeters with big followings picking it up. Went to 16000 on that one.

I started a 3rd account and was just hitting follow follow follow....they locked and banned after only 5 minutes of that. Fucking bastards, i'm not a bot, i was using my human mind and opposible thumb. I tell you, the war between robots and humans has already begun.

But I have masked (redirect/cloak) affiliate links all over my stuff and that's the bottom line. I see zero change outside normal fluctations in traffic to my sponsors.

So I'm thinking twitter is just bullshit....maybe good for other stuff but not converting traffic.

What's it good for?

I love Camdough
INever is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote