View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 11:59 AM  
Ross
Ik ben een aap

Industry Role:
Dubai isn't as expensive as you would imagine, certainly day to day. If you want to go and rent a boat, jet ski or whatever, sure it's going to cost you a lot. I found the best food was mostly on the beach, the little local restaurants offering middle eastern cuisine you could get a 3 course meal for two for under $30. The good thing about Dubai is only certain places serve alcohol, you are not tempted to rack up an extra $40-50 in beers with lunch like I usually do on a vacation.

The metro line is amazing and cheap, don't Uber or get Taxis unless you are in a rush. I took a taxi from Dubai to Abu Dhabi, it cost me $55 and Abu Dhabi is cheaper than Dubai and pretty cool to see, I recommend doing that if you have a whole month. You can also take a day trip to Oman for a reasonable price, I think about $120 per person and it includes meals.

If you go drinking then you're gonna spend big but hanging out on the beach, eating local cuisine and enjoying your hotel pool is not going to cost you a lot. Don't take the metro home after drinking, someone will call the Police for public intoxication, get a taxi from the venue, they're all approved and understand the person will have been drinking and you won't have any problems.

I loved Dubai, I am planning on going back next year with my wife and son who will be 1 year old, such a cool place.
Ross is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote