View Single Post
Old 07-08-2018, 11:35 AM  
HairyChick
Slowly dying

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarettah View Post
No, they don't. What they see is a link, not the image or video or whatever you are trying to show us.

A link is fine for an html page, but even there (imho) you should quote at least a small amount of the pertinent information from the page.

If you are posting an image you should use the img tag to actually show the image in the post.

If you are posting a youtube video or vimeo vide, you should use the youtube or vimeo embed code to bring it into the post.

I think most of us are being fairly patient with you for the most part because we feel for the situation you went through but it does at times get frustrating.

Just imho of course.

I hope I have not offended you, as that is not what I am trying to do. I am just trying to clarify the situation for you.

If you are still having issues remembering simple things then by all means carry on and continue to do what you know how to do but please do not be offended when someone mentions it to you. BD did not attack you, he just pointed something out. There really was no reason to get as defensive about it as you did, again, just imho.

He said he clicks the link and sees nothing. If they didn't work, others would comment.

I clicked the img icon but the only thing that showed was the url, not the photo. Also, no permission to repost photo. Someone might get upset if their logs are filled from gofuckyouself

I felt attacked but a nickname on a forum harassing me is minor.

I'm not offended by you at all. You were trying to help and were nice about it. No one can understand losing your memory until it happens. I appreciate the gentle treatment. It's incredibly frustrating when I'm typing and looking clueless when it used to be me with the knowledge I was using Linux and now I can't get to a dos prompt.
HairyChick is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote