View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 05:51 PM  
HairyChick
Slowly dying

Industry Role:
My own content was registered for legal reasons. I went after quite a few people and got paid my asking prices. Bought content was not my fight but I told the seller about my finds.

Burying your head in the sand is foolish. You spent the money to produce the content. Don’t allow others to profit off your back.

Used to digitally watermark my pictures and a service looked for them. It was $1000/yr and worked IF the thief didn’t change the name.

I didn’t bother to ask the webmasters. I’d notify the host and uplink providers. Most took action but one time I was ignored. The uplink host cut their link until content was removed. They moved the site and repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Yup, four hosts cut them.

Content was removed. You’ll need patience, smarts and balls. And good dDOS protection.
HairyChick is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote