View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 03:53 AM  
Pseudonymous
Photographer/Owner

Industry Role:
I have ran paysites for countless years, worked at ModelCentro, a platform for paysites so we see alot of user comments/complaints. I have also tested both ways. And people want downloads and will not stay signed up if they dont get them. They pay enough to get the content to download, simple as that, you can only stream so high of quality as well.

This is the rule, you never cater to the smaller percent. You never cater to the people ripping you off.

The percent of buyers out there is miniscule, youre dreaming if you think you can change that to be a ton more, you need to treat buyers well. You do not want to take downloads off the table because some people who wouldn't be signing up are torrenting your stuff. Especially when downloading is the norm. You give less, you get less. How you deal with free content is by giving more and working twice as hard. Not pulling back and giving less and investing less. Thats how you spiral much quicker

To answer your question. Dont bother dealing with piracy, send dmcas where you can, if youre paying for people to do it for you, its probably not worth it. Focus on your product. Your lack of sales is probably due to your content and the way you do things. Not because of piracy. If youre so big that youre being pirated a ton, its probably because youre huge. You aren't going to be downloaded by everybody if youre small. Like most of the industry, you accept that when youre that big, people will be looking to get your stuff cheaper. but by then, you will be big

Remove the infringers from google, send the occasional dmca if you want. Dont waste too much time. If theyre on that site, theyre not buyers. Removing from google helps the most

I wasted alot of time doing it and it took me a long time to realize my time was wasted and was better spent on bettering my products