View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 02:11 PM  
notinmybackyard
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crucifissio View Post
all new cars have this "no feel" driving/cornering...it is even hard to tell what speed you are going at without looking directly at the dash...I remember a few years ago we did a corner on the freeway at 200km/h and the only reason we noticed was because somebody looked at the dash by accident...
The problem isn't lack of road feel per say.

It's :

Lack of Road Feel + High Torque = Dangerous

Without a doubt cars today are built for morons that don't know how to drive and shouldn't be trusted to change a light bulb without prior instruction. Just the same my complaint with the Tesla (and all electric cars) is that they really take this mentality that a driver is a non-essential obsolete part of the vehicle and go to the absurd with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett View Post
I guess oil companies are gonna cry too.. Thats lots of future revenue going down the drain..
YOu better do some research because oil companies are among the biggest investors in electric cars. They see this as just another source of potential income.