View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 06:28 PM  
HairyChick
Slowly dying

Industry Role:
In 1995 I moved to Beacon Hill in Boston. First night I went out with friends to celebrate and they paid. I ordered a rib eye steak, medium rare and well-trimmed. Juicy but not mooing. I didn't check the price and enjoyed every bite.

They asked if I enjoyed it, how it was, and I said it was one of the best steaks I'd ever had. "For $39.95 it better be." It nearly came up as I heard that. "Baked potato with sour cream was $4.95 and salad was $4.95. Your iced tea was $2.95." I started crying right on Beacon Street! Iced tea for three bucks was a tea bag and a slice of lemon. Five bucks for a potato? They laughed but I felt horrible that they paid over fifty bucks for dinner.

I'd go to the best restaurant in town and pay $19.95 for the same thing! Seeing the prices up there was a shock.
HairyChick is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote