View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 09:53 PM  
dyna mo
The People's Post

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco67 View Post
Anyone here make a good steak? Mine is better than some places I've eaten. I don't even know if I do it exactly the "right" way... but I know that Rosemary, butter and some good old salt and pepper will make a tasty steak. That's if I don't fuck it up by letting it sear too long. There's a tight margin of error.

I know the cut of meat can make a big difference and sometimes I go for something pricier. But it doesn't always taste better just because it costs more per pound.
i like cooking steaks too. i like to sear a T-bone, then put it, pan and all, in a super hot oven to finish it. I rely on a meat thermometer. I grill filet mignons on a small weber, outside, get the grill ultra hot then slam the steaks on and sear em fast, then move em off the heat and put the lid on to finish em. I 've also cooked a whole Prime tenderloin roast ,i'd have to dig up my recipe and notes on that.

those are the only steaks I stick too
dyna mo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote