View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 09:05 AM  
celandina
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilnjscb View Post
Ask them what? Are you saying that the current actions is justified because other actions took place?

I am asking you what action directly justifies the current response. So far you have answered with ancient history and the names of other peoples.
Get your history ( past or present) straight. Nobody voted in Crimea to join Ukraininan SSR, yet with the fait acompli in the early nineties elections were held, but...

only ... 35 % Crimean population voted for Ukrainian independence ( balance wanted to stay Russian) under pressure 58 % voted for Crimean independence ( from Ukraine) as the next best thing. When this was not granted a compromise was reached ( backed by USA, Russia, England ), Crimea was granted an independent status ( but within the Ukrainian state). After two decades of provocation and mayheam resulting in Maidan coup d' etat in 2014 where Russian interestes in Crimea were endangered : NAMELY presence of Russian fleet in Black Sea ( the reason Russians fought many wars) ,so they annexed it since the majority wanted out from the Ukrainian quagmire anyway.....

So, what is so difficult to understand ? Crimean population voted to join Russia ( their ancestoral homeland)? So what is so undemocratic about that ?

And get this ! I am NOT pro Putin or pro Russian , I am pro Crimean populace. and their freedom to choose!
celandina is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote