View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 04:31 PM  
TheSquealer
BANNED

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFred View Post
So you're against killing innocent life?
First, i grew up in Alaska in a family of professional hunting guides (brown bear, among other things). I spent my childhood in those circles, with everyone trading hunts/fishing trips and traveling around and seeing everyones prized trophy rooms in their homes. I met tons of wealthy hunters who traveled the world to get all the animals on their hit list.

I knew the guy who the very last legally hunted polar bear (Don Johnson) and i've known some of the worst poachers on the planet - where plenty of wealthy hunters are quite happy to pay for world record animals like bears, moose, caribou, sheep (dalls), alaskan mountain goats etc. all happy to pay 50-100k for the chance to go shoot the animal that had already been staked out and tracked by plane. The aforementioned guy who shot the polar bear had a full stuffed African Lion in his living room, a giraffe (just from the base of the neck up) elephant foot stools, elephant tusks, a full mount zebra, brown bears,... a massive assortment of rare animals and birds and over 120 sets of walrus ivory.

I think trophy hunting is abhorrent - such as shooting an Alaska Brown Bear just for the hide, though they are harvested to control population.

I don't care who shoots what if they're going to eat it.

I'm not sure how that in your mind compares to killing a human baby... unless you want to propose giving the fetus a 5 minute head start or issuing licenses to hunt them or something.