View Single Post
Old 04-07-2019, 01:39 PM  
Kittens
👏 REVOLUTIONARY 👏

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut x View Post
Good comment You sound like someone who one could actually debate with.
While I identify as a Democrat, I don't hold any allegiance to any political movement other than humanism. Because of this I often seek truths from both sides to form my opinion. Just so happens in current political climate, I lean more towards Liberal than Conservative.

It also helps that I work online, which is an echo chamber of liberal ideologies but live in a very conservative area, so I get to talk to both sides to form my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut x View Post
However, it gets complicated. A mother and a child, would bring very little to the table and may end up being a financial burden where as able bodied men, who are persecuted by folks on the right for not staying in their country to fix things there, would be worth more to the very people who would want to employ them here.

I actually agree with republicans that requesting asylum is abused by most of those seeking it. Only around 4% of those seeking asylum actually get it and the others are turned away. I believe that process is working, and all the people who cry foul at the migrants are actually getting what they want on that particular issue.
All depends really. I've never really met many Mexican immigrants who seek to abuse the welfare system. They often have no problem working laborious jobs for low pay, just as long as they can be paid for their work.

We as a society in America depend heavily on immigrants, but we feel they are below us... Which makes no sense.