Thread: Hot or Not The colorado shooter...
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 07:56 PM  
bronco67
Too lazy to set a custom title

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentKnight View Post
How do you account for good parents who have two kids that turn out to be polar opposites of one another - yet raised in the same household under identical conditions?
Some people are born assholes, I'll give you that. But how often is that the case? Any family I've known with multiple siblings usually have a similar vibe and temperament collectively. I know two brothers who competed to be the biggest asshole. I dated a girl who was a giant asshole and her brother was an asshole too. I fought him three different times.

If I know someone who is a sweetheart whether a friend or family, the brothers or sisters are usually sweethearts too. I'm not talking about being the same person personality-wise. Just either being a good or shitty person. Of the ones I can think of who are shitty, it all makes sense when I think of the parents.

I'm not trying to make all of this black and white and I understand I could be missing some nuance...but I really believe a person's development as a child is mostly what determines who they're going to be. Unless they become self aware enough to make a change.

We all probably have things about ourselves we've recognized and changed. I'm talking about things like social anxiety, not the desire to shoot a bunch of people.