View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 07:45 PM  
SilentKnight
Megan Fox's fluffer

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
Paul... You failed to adapt. You tried, but you failed.

In our industry some of us are "webmasters". This is a general term that covers everything. For example, I am a webmaster. I can do almost everything in the industry. I can build a computer from scratch, hire models, shoot content, build a website from scratch, hook it up to a multiple billing companies, maintain the servers, create an affilaite program, market it all.... There is a lot more to it too, the entire bro club, making friends, making contacts, the shows.... It's all part of it.

Paul, you are not a webmaster. You are a photographer. And that's fine, there is nothing wrong with that. Some of us are photographers, others work only in billing, others only do graphics design. Some of us are only affilaite managers.

I am not sure who you hired for your program, but they did a bad a job. Not a horrible job, but a poor job. You also didn't have someone to market your program. I remember one time we launched a website with purchased content similar to yours... I'll never forget that day actually. I spent all of two or three days on the site, purchased content, launched it on GFY, went out to the pool for three hours, came back and we had over 100 sales. It was comical.

What I am saying is... You should have hired someone who had experience in running a program - someone to make sure the site worked properly (no magic join links), someone who was much better connected than you who knew all of the affiliates, and someone that could have handled the damage from your problem there. You should have been making sales from the first day you launched the program.

And... You should have opened up a program a lot sooner.

There are other things you could have done too. Why didn't you partner with a program to shoot content exclusively for them, sharing the profits?

You played your role in the industry and you should be happy with that. It seems like you are questioning everything you did. You didn't fail; You just didn't move into online as effectively as you should have.
That's as good a reply as we'll see. Think you nailed many aspects.
SilentKnight is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote