View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 07:14 AM  
drexl
Whale Hunter

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCastaway View Post
I have send CB a new mail with the first one as quote. Asked them why i and other people that are asking what is going on with the custom css dont get answer on our mail
It is disabled on newly created whitelabels.

I think this is a business decision: css for models is okay because it helps drive traffic to chaturbate.com where they can monetize their ad banners. The business workflow is to use webmasters brands and traffic to introduce new customers to their system. Then a second step is to allow these new customers to move from whitelabel to main brand.

Models are working hard to campaign so that customers move to cb so why would cb do anything against them? Worst case scenario the migrated users use the same username (rev share still goes to original affiliate) or the user creates a new username and the revshare goes to the model, or the revshare is lost all together (0% comission to give). In any case it works for their brand and they make $$ with the banners.

Of course it all makes sense business wise but ethically, it is not very nice to webmasters.
One solution I would be more happy with is if whitelabels had cb ad banners and models were not allowed to plant their affiliate links on the site itself. Models can still be affiliates but they plant their link on a website like everyone else. This would be a win for everyone.