View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 07:06 PM  
NALEM
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
First, make their business name, and the full name of your primary contact public knowledge by posting it here.

Second file a police report in the city and state they are legally registered to do business.

While some agencies would discourage you from filing with them, they are required by law, if you insist. They also prefer you be personally present when communicating with a police officer, but this also is not required.

It's best to prepare a statement of facts in writing, and be certain that the English is very good, so there is no misunderstandings.
Include all information you have on the business, owners, managers, and representatives.

Finish the letter with a declaration like this:
"I attest that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all information in the above referenced statement of facts is accurate and complete."

(Your signature) Date
Your full name

Your company name
Your company address
Your telephone number including country code
Your email address

Attach a copy of your passport, and email the police officer with whom you spoke on the phone.

#

If you need me to hold your hand through the process, email me directly: alex AT nalem DOT com

Once you have the police report and number in your hand, you can demand your client to pay you with X days. If not you will proceed with filing a lawsuit (complaint) in their local jurisdiction by hiring a lawyer. You will pay a small retainer fee in advance and this lawyer if they win the judgment and successfully collect, will take 25-30% in additional fees.

Good luck!