View Single Post
Old 12-23-2019, 06:54 AM  
thommy
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by symtab View Post
I've been selling my scripts for over 10 years, and before that i worked for the people that sell avs...what i have noticed is that 10 years ago you could launch a tube site with hosted or hotlinked or embedded videos and it always worked up to a point, but now embedded doesnt work anymore (i mean it doesnt get good traffic from google) and hotlinked and hosted works, however you have to edit the titles and make the site stand out. Even so, i dont think that launching a tube site on shared hosting will be successful on shared hosting (maybe if you hotlink/embed, but hosted never)...
absolutely correct.

but hotlinked and embedded is not what google will list.
they link a result in the web search maybe if you have an outstanding description but it will not show up in the video search (wich brings much more users to a site then the web-search).

to get there your site MUST be the source of the video. Google announced already a few months ago that they will prefer to list the chanonical page they find at the end. if you look in all those embed videos and check the header you find out that they are all pointing back to the original site.
so to make an embed tube is just doing the work for them and promote them.

the number one searches areŽnt such tubes. they do not even have the video on their own site and they do not rank for their content (because they do not have and offer content) they rank because they are kind of a big search engine where results from multiple domains are listed and categorized.
but also they will only rank in the web-search for the big keys and categories and not show up in video search.