View Single Post
Old 05-14-2020, 02:03 AM  
bill_musk
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drexl View Post

I am a computer professional and I use common sense to demonstrate the point:
if they were oblivious to that information you could create new usernames by the hundreds and make money using their PPL program ($1 per signup). But you can't do that, they will spot you because like any serious business they have mechanisms in place. And that's even before you enter any credit card details.

Let's be precise with the definition so we're sure to talk about the same thing. You must be talking about the ID (User ID - column 2), which is different for each username/account. UID (User Unique ID - column 8) however is unique per user/person.

Clearing cookies and making a new account will change the ID, but it is my assessment that the UID will remain the same.

If you think about it, their fraud and abuse department must need this information. They don't want fraudsters or abusive customers to re-spawn by just creating a new username.

This is also useful for their marketing department so they can see the flow.

Let's see a few scenarios for illustration purposes:

#1 user first account
(ID:123456;UID:abcdef;USERNAME:bob;AFFILIATE_ID:xx x)

#2 user clears cookies, and creates a new account
(ID: 333427;UID:abcdef;USERNAME:cc_bob;AFFILIATE_ID:yyy )

=> user abcdef was originally referred by xxx but now yyy makes the $$
=> only ID and UID are shown to the affiliate, the other records are obviously in the db but not displayed in our dashboard.

Well I beg to differ. For 2 reasons:
1/ They don't ban people from PPL based on this mechanism. They stop paying people PPL BEFORE first payment if no lead as converted in a paid user - OR if the PPL they must pay to the affiliate is superior to their own earnings (hear 30% of the amount spent by users reffered by that affiliate). That is the exact same mechanism that CrakRevenues uses with the MyFreeCams PPL program.

2/ I have actual proof, from 2 different CB accounts (one is mine and another is a partner), that 2 very shady story happened and that the UID were indeed different, yet the same person. I'll just talk about my experience:

Note: At that time (2019), I was generating unique tracker for every link I was posting, up to 300,000 different trackers to this day. A link would be visible only for a few days.

So in July 2019, I note that I have those 6 accounts that signed up under the exact same tracked link. A record definitely. More over, those 6 accounts are all from Austria (Never had an Austrian spender before).
Signup date: July 03rd, 23th, 26x3 and 27th. First warning. How come they sign up more than 20 days after the link posting? Definitely a red flag. My supposition: 1 person is stuck with my cookie for 30 days, and is making new accounts.

Now they spend a total of $3036 accross all accounts.
Account1: $2414 from July 7th to december 7th
Account2: $195 from July 23rd to March 10th
Account3: $122 from July 26th to September 09th
Account4: $42 on July 26th
Account5: $133 from July 26th to November 24th
Account6: $154 from July 27th to September 8th

Now this could all be a big coincidence right? Who cares, I'm raking comissions.

Now comes the chargeback. They ALL have chargedback money. Not the full amount, a total of $1555.
Account1: -$1308
Account2: -$61
Account3: -$32
Account4: -$21
Account5: -$92
Account6: -$40

Now you tell me what are the odds that:
- 6 people who sign up from the same tracker out of 300,000 trackers
- Who are all from the same small Austrian country
- Who spends regularely over the same period of time
- Who all do a chargeback around the same days
are different people?

To the conclusion: All those people have different UniqueID, but I'm pretty certain it's the same guy.
bill_musk is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote