View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 05:07 PM  
SpicyM
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
Normally I would say Namesilo, and they are good if you want no nonsense pricing and user interface.

Namecheap used to be the goto registrar but they're a little bit pricier now and their interface is a little bit "overdesigned".

However....

A couple of months ago my Namecheap account was hacked and my card used to buy some shitty chinese sounding domains, because I hadn't bothered turning on 2FA. I only discovered when I checked my emails in the morning and found an order summary listing these domains in it.

But even before I could even compose an email to support and send it, their risk management system had noticed the unusual transaction, reversed it, refunded my card, and locked my account. It did take them quite a long time to unlock it again, maybe lots of accounts got hacked, but anyway the fact that there was absolutely no hassle in reversing the whole thing makes me happy to keep some domains at Namecheap.

You can save 20% on Namecheap renewals with a coupon