Thread: MojoShield
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 11:17 AM  
trevesty
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermtb View Post
I've used many of the existing DDOS/WAF products in the marketplace - at scale.

Neustar was $2k/mo just to be able to use their NOT always-on solution. They charged me $8k every time I wanted to turn it on, which I believe was for 48-72 hours.

Incapsula was an always-on service, which was more affordable, but their strategy seemed to be to bring us in at a good price and then slowly over time keep increasing rates. Eventually there was a huge influx of bandwidth shortly before our renewal (which to this day appears to have been caused by Incapsula themselves). They demanded we increase our package to the next highest, which was ridiculously cost prohibitive.

CloudFlare was similarly priced to Incapsula. I like my friends over there but we haven't been able to do business yet.

MojoShield bills us a fraction of what any of these solutions cost. The solution is comparable and there's virtually no way I could have sourced the price myself. Its the same as our bandwidth with MojoCDN .. we have saved so much money with MojoCDN I could buy everyone in this thread a new car with the savings. Not joking.

The rates Mojo can charge are based on big clients making it more affordable for the little guys, and he extends those prices to everyone.

Brad shoots himself in the foot to give customers big savings. I deal with him because its cheaper than going direct pretty much every time and I have someone to help me when I need.
It sounds to me like you spent a lot of money on companies that notoriously charge a lot for services others offer cheaper, then "got a deal" from Brad and think it's the best on the market.

You're probably his biggest client - I bet he does give you a great CDN deal - you are probably a big reason why he was able to leverage a better price / commit from Stackpath. I'm fairly confident that you could get a better price elsewhere, though, because scale matters - and even in adult - Brad isn't the big dick hosting provider. Not even close, if we're talking purely data transmitted. There's at least two who are light years bigger. And there's probably a reason why the ad networks who are much larger than you host elsewhere.

As far as "passing on savings bc so many big clients (lol)": https://cs.mojohost.com/cart.php?gid=27 The overage listed there is quite a bit more expensive than my overage. So much so that I could probably buy you a new car if I were to switch from Mojo to my current provider. I just added the biggest package to cart to see price - $2k for 200,000GB - so in about 5 days on just ONE site, I'd hit that cap then be spending a small fortune in overage by the end of the month. Just a very rough guess, but probably in the neighborhood of $15-20k in overages - for one site.

Or do you mean to tell me he doesn't pass on savings to small clients / "shoot himself in the foot" and you're just kissing your buddy's ass?

It brings me great joy that Brad scrambled on Skype / SMS / whatever to get people to come in here and kiss his ass.

Lemme know if you got any more brain busters. I'm here all day.
trevesty is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote