View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 01:14 PM  
CurrentlySober
Too lazy to wipe my ass

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applebite Media View Post
Interesting... so they took a free program, made a dot com out of it and charges for it?

Not sure the benefit of this when you can get the software free, get a virtual host for 5.00 a mo and be done with it.

Guess it's true what they say...

....there is a sucker born every minute....

....a fool and his money are soon parted....

Sorry... Just having fun... maybe they give you a reach around when they take your money... who knows.

Ok, seriously... is there a benefit using the .com vs getting the free program and hosing it yourself? Maybe it's my age... but I don't understand paying for something you can get free. Is this a millennial thing?
What about community groups and organisations that are not technically competent enough, to understand how to purchase hosting and install scripts etc? They can just pay a monthly fee and have their little website available to be seen.

A great example would be a volunteer group who spend their time tending to the graves and the upkeep of our local cemetery. These are retired people, doing it more for companionship than anything else. So they pay WordPress dot com a fixed fee and they have a simple site they can update.

https://teignmouthcemetery.wordpress.com/

None of these people would have a clue as to how to do it themselves, and even if you offered to do it for free, they'd just say 'No thanks - We are managing OK as we are'...

They are not 'suckers' - Just elderly people enjoying later life and getting on with it...
CurrentlySober is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote