View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 02:11 AM  
drexl
Whale Hunter

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeklinis View Post
Yes, as mentioned above:
I contacted support and got answer that only 1 spender out of these 7 created new account under a different affiliate URL which does not belongs to any model.
They transferred that spender and referral commissions back to my account.
"only" represents ~15% of your new accounts. It also could be your biggest whale, so in terms of financial loss it could be a high percentage.

What you said comforts webmasters in what they were thinking from the beginning : there is member reassignment at the expanse of webmasters.

The biggest problem that was created there is showing everyone how "it's done" because now the problem is widespread and unstoppable.

I am also puzzled by the fact that they transferred the spender and its associated commissions back to you thus acknowledging this shouldn't be happening. If that's the case, it should be enforced technically.

Finally there's always the edge case that one of your spenders could genuinely create a new account under another webmaster, how are they making the difference?