View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 10:48 PM  
dcortez
DINO CORTEZ™

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnBH View Post
To the guy saying that human writers are ultimately better than computers, bullshit.
It's not AI (artificial intelligence) when you are simply doing recursive string substitutions. That is macro search/replace with possibly multiple templates.

AI requires a learning component, where, for example, it starts constructing its own grammatical (sentence) structures.

As for SE quality of human written text, from full length pages to aggregated snippets, if a human is repeating themselves after several thousand iterations, they lack the vocabulary, tools, imagination, and experience to produce limitless original copy.

At least that has been, and continues to be my experience, but I have only been doing this since 1997.

It was not my original content that lost in the SERPS, but my traffic was highjacked by eastern European content thieving scrapers (mostly Russians) who didn't even change my text, but their "scale of theft" included aggregated content stolen from numerous sites, making their mass larger - which some search engines valued more than intellectual property rights of original copyright holders. And on that scale knocking down every instance of stolen content becomes more cumbersome than just firewalling all eastern European traffic and obfuscating the text in nested layers of JavaScript.
dcortez is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote