View Single Post
Old 05-28-2021, 10:22 AM  
LiLi
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTT View Post
So pvts and tips aren't motivation any more? When did models become so lazy and unmotivated? In the old days, and probably still on some/most sites, there are no affiliate incentives for models. The incentive to get a signup is for a guy to spend money on you.
I don't think you understand the work that goes behind that and how time consuming it is to focus your attention on anonymous users new to the site who don't have any inclination on signing up and convert them into spenders. It can be done but it's time consuming and you can only advertise one thing at a time when you are streaming. The time you spend explaining how to sign up, why to do it, what the benefits of becoming a member is, the payment methods, how it will not show up as "chaturbate" on their bank statement, etc... is time you aren't earning any money. What is worse.. it's time you are losing momentum on your show and many members leave your room because listening to that speech is boring for existing members. So if you want models to take anonymous users by the hand and get them to signup you better offer them an incentive to do so.

Without an incentive models wont waste their time on anons when they can focus all of your attention on members that already have tokens in their accounts ready to spend them.

Quote:
There's a sign up button on every page which they can mention when they stream. There's absolutely no reason at all for a performer to be credited for bringing someone to the site who is already on the site.
Again, there is a button there but why would they mention that button when they already have 50 users with tokens in the room waiting for a reason to spend them? Unless you are a model on page 12 struggling to get any members in your room and you are keeping your hope alive that one of those anonymous users will one day spend on you... there is absolutely 0 incentive for a model to focus on that when she can do a ticket show or build up momentum towards a goal.

Quote:
Yes, and there's zero problem with that, at least IMO, because then they're just acting like affiliates, bringing new traffic to CB, and deserve the credit for that traffic. And I'd certainly much rather that than scumbag affiliates (of which there are probably a few here) making fake model profiles on social media.
Seems like my point was lost in the translation... what I meant is.. ban models from having their affiliate link in their bios and they will then promote their social media. Her CB whale follows her on say, twitter, and she asks him there to clear cookies and sign up again under her affiliate link. What is CB going to do about that? It's impossible to police. Then you will see a hit on the conversion rate across the board when models no longer work on getting people to sign up AND YET continue to lose the whales because they will leak them offsite. You could then ask CB to ban models from linking their social media in their bios. Models will not like that at all and some will even move to another camsite with a shitty affiliate program that shaves your earnings, so the quality of CB models suffers and your conversions do too. And the ones who stay? well.. ardent whales will still find them using google like they do on Streamate. There's simply no way to win this for the affiliate.. once a member is too invested in a single model your battle is lost, he has a loyalty and he will follow the model anywhere. What the smart affiliate does is focus his attention on getting a ton of small to medium accounts. Why? for multiple reasons... because your income is much more stable, losing a member is irrelevant, because people who spend in moderation have a sustainable habit vs whales who burn through 5 credit cards in 5 months never to be seen again. It's the same with tippers, actually... much better to have many tippers who know how to spend within their means than to have a whale

Quote:
A performer privately contacting a member or the member wanting to help out the performer is a different issue (from stuff on the bio), and one reason I think affiliates shouldn't turn themselves grey over this.
Here is your mistake. Models can't turn members en masse. Promoting the link in their bios will credit the account to the original affiliate because the cookie doesn't expire, so the only accounts they get credited for are those without a cookie already in their browser. You should run tests, I have: clear your cookies, click on your own affiliate link, then go to a model's bio and click on her signup link and signup then, you will see the signup credited to yourself. The problem isn't the link in their bios, even if they say to clear cookies.. only someone extremely invested in the relationship with the model will take the extra steps to clear cookies before signing up, but like I said, CB is handling those texts in bios, I haven't seen "clear cookies" or "use a different browser" in over a year. The only members models steal are whales and those who are super invested in her. Which is a tiny percentage but in some cases the biggest spenders.

Quote:
Exactly. If they thought it was easy they'd be doing it. But they know it's a lot easier (for them) sitting on their ass staring at their mobile all day, relying on their good luck in the genetic lottery.
Sounds to me like you have 0 clue what the actual work of a camgirl is. Super gorgeous models who stare at their mobile all day are sitting pretty on page 12. Good luck might help you the first day, but the vast majority of models will not last 3 months. That's because this job takes skill, talent, commitment, ambition, grit, and a lot of wit. You are just as ignorant about the model side as the ignorant models are of the affiliate's work. I suggest you take the time to see this issue from more than your own perspective, it will make you make smarter choices in business to know how models work and what the landscape is after signing up for your accounts.

Quote:
And that cheeto guy (I thought you had veered off to talk about Trump for a second) is (as you know) the reason you made $100k. Assuming he exists. Not everyone reaches CB through a referral link.
Here you make the same mistake... consider this job is done by 2 parties. The affiliate gets the member to the door, but the model gets the member to spend. It is a collaboration. I wouldn't have made money off that guy if he didn't reach the door to begin with... but the affiliate wouldnt have made his cut if I hadn't endured his annoying bullshit for 2 years finding ways to keep it interesting for him. So... you see.. it is better when each party has dignity and is valued for their key part in the process.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
BTW, if you would genuinely prefer $30k to $100k just to avoid talking to that guy you'd have stopped talking to him when you made $30k.
I should have, but I didn't because the way these whales operate... I can explain in more depth how these whales wreck a model's room if anyone is interested.. but this reply is getting quite lengthy
LiLi is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote