View Single Post
Old 05-29-2021, 03:53 PM  
CurrentlySober
Too lazy to wipe my ass

Industry Role:
Well I mean in my example, it was never about making the site itself look like a can of Pepsi - nor as if I'd been somehow 'sponsored' by Pepsi...

It was always a very, very subtle, almost subliminal thing. I mean I had the exact colour shades, sure, but I also had the other 'influences' from the can as well, such as a swirl around the pics in the gallery's, and where I had graphic text, Id use a similar style of font etc... Similar angles and flows etc...

I mean, you wouldn't have looked at it and thought 'Pepsi Cola' but I'm sure if you drank Pepsi you'd have felt 'at home' there... Even if you couldn't work out why...

With hindsight, Id love to have A/B tested some of my early stuff, but back then there wasn't the time, or even a real need. Stuff was selling regardless, so rather than testing / tweaking a current site, in order to make another 20 / 30 %, I simply built another and made the same kinda money again... Then again, and again.... etc...

It was so easy in those days
CurrentlySober is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote