View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 10:17 AM  
Fenris Wolf
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris Wolf View Post
Just a piece of advice, if you are going to promote yourself on Reddit, please stay away from titles like you have in your imgur post. You will get banned in no time from any quality sub you post in except the OF promotion subs and those are all just spam posts with subscribers looking for free stuff.
Hey sorry, rereading this I realize I didn't really give any real advice in regards to Reddit. So here it is:

The way Reddit is setup is that the site is comprised of communities called subreddits that are moderated by members like you and me. Which means for every subreddit it's possible to be moderated by any number of members with their own set of rules and standards. Effectively each subreddit needs to be looked at individually because what is acceptable promotion on one is highly frowned upon in another.

When it comes to promoting yourself on Reddit you need to be aware of Reddits strong stance on spam and excessive self promotion falls within that scope. In short don't do it. This is easier said than done because of what I stated earlier. So it's important to read each subs rules before you start to post just in case.

The best thing to do is look at some of the more popular submitters in the subs you would like to post to and see what works and what doesn't work. In general I would follow these guidelines and you should be fine.

0. Read the subreddit rules. This is critical because like I said earlier, what may work on one may not work on another.

1. Post in subreddits that fit your brand. Although there are many general niches you can submit to there are also some specific ones, for example you can fit the MILF niche but submitting to Teen niche would get your posts removed and possible banned from that subreddit.

2. Direct promotion in titles and comments are usually frowned upon. That means you can't reference your Only Fans for example in your title or comment. That doesn't preclude you from having a link in your profile which is generally accepted.

3. This is part of 2 above and doesn't really deal with spam but it helps to have engaging titles that ask a question versus making a statement. Try to solicit a response from the subreddit members in your titles, try to engage with them.

4. Limit the number of subreddits you submit a specific image or video to. I see so many users submit the same content to 10, 20, 30 subreddits and it just screams spam. A good option for you is to take a set of images and videos you want to submit over the course of a month. Select the subreddits you want to submit to and then create a schedule where you submit x to the first set of subs and y to the second set of subs. Over the course of the month this will switch so the first set of subs will now see y and the second set of subs will see x. Does this make sense? This way your profile doesn't show a wall of the same submissions but a nice variety. And limit the same image to no more than 2-3 subs per day.

5. Choose quality submissions. Don't be worried about showing your best stuff. This is called the thirst trap. You want them salivating over your content. Quality posts will generate engagement and engagement generates sales.

There is a lot more when it comes to Reddit but hopefully this will give you a good start. Social media is key to your success so doing it right from the beginning is critical. If you need any additional help feel free to reach out to me.
Fenris Wolf is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote