View Single Post
Old 08-31-2021, 09:40 AM  
drexl
Whale Hunter

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantfreedom View Post
That works when calling the API for every request to the website, but that results in slow page response times, so what I do is set applyGeobans=0, and save them to the database.

Doing this also allows me to do things like suggest similar looking models to the profile that is being viewed.
You can't say "that works" without telling me how it works : what API call do you trigger to display an offline model page? For example: lolitaxxxxxxx00 (fictitious model).

From what I see, the only thing you can do at the moment is call /api/models/ (that shows a list of online models) and loop through it. You can't retrieve a unique offline model profile.

With your caching strategy you'll still never know if a model has closed her account for example.

Anyway, I'd like to have @Dzhanova's insight on what we should do to show a specific model page. Currently I use the stripcash iframe (no API call, no check)
drexl is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote