View Single Post
Old 11-29-2021, 01:14 AM  
DVTimes
Holedex.com

Industry Role:
The key I suggest to you selling this theme is to understand who your customers will be.

It may be most of your customers are webmasters, and if so, what your doing is great.

However models and the general public will not have a clue in many cases what wp is, how to set up a site, hosting, domains, payments and so on. And if they turn out to be your customers, then your going to struggle, unless you can make things easer for them.

My advice would now be to contact ten or so models and ask them if they would buy your theme and get an honest reply. By this you need to know if they would find doing a wp site too scary. Just telling you they love the look of the theme is rather pointless, and I know many small firms fail because they ask the wrong questions. If you ask anyone do they like x, they will say often yes, but that does not mean they will buy x. The key to your success now, is going to be to understand if your customers (models) would be confident to self host or not.

Even something simple as your domain name may may things sound too technical for them. Lockeed.co. A more friendly sounding domain name may make a difference. Something like myfansite.com.

Also I had a look on your site and I think your missing one huge selling point, and that is the fact that the advantage of using your system is the fact that it has lower risks. By this, a model is not going have to worry about onlyfans rules and go through all the problems such sites have. Such as the type of content they can post, and risk having accounts closed.

For instance, I believe (I could be wrong) that Onlyfans no longer allows pics shot outside in public. For people who may shoot certain content, your system is a great product.

Other selling bits too is the fact they can put adverts on (I presume they can).

I can see lots of things your system can have as an advantage, and these should be listed.

It is important to think of all the advantages your system has, because for a new model, the % a site such as Onlyfans is not important. For instance for someone who gets say 5 sales a month, the % such as onlyfans takes is not going to be much (I presume) than the cost of hosting a site each month. So push the other advantages rather than simply cost.

But I would suggest finding a good host you can partner with who can provide a simple solution to hosting.

Hosting may itself be a huge block to a model. So many different types of server setups these days (even I no longer understand things), such as dedicated, shared, and lots of other types. And understanding how much disc space you need, and if things can cope with 4k films.

Just to finish, one of the things that would be a big selling point is if you could also offer a link or even do it yourself, a plugin or whatever to prevent passwords being used by by non members. By this, years ago when I had a ccbill site I paid a few pounds to have a system that stopped passwords being used by different people. So if someone signed up and posted on a forum, it would detect the isp and block everyone using that password.

Also having a link or advise to stop people saving the content and uploading to tube sites would be a big plus.

The last thing you want is a model to buy your theme, then find her or his content all over the web, or people trading passwords, and then they post on forums that they regret buying your theme blaming the theme itself, in turn putting others off from your theme.

As I say, I think your theme is great.

But your problem is your customers may not have a lot of understanding of wp and so on, and that could mean sales or not.