View Single Post
Old 03-22-2022, 10:35 AM  
sandman!

Industry Role:
Probably not too profitable if he just shut everything down.

Or he got sick and said fuck it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0nr4d View Post

Thanks for the kind words

You guys are all kind of overestimating the support requirements here. Even a script like Mechbunny that's very widely used does not generate hundreds of emails a day and I would argue that we're exponentially more popular. Between all our customers we maybe get 3-4 tickets a day that are directly related to the script and not some customization requests, and most of them take a few minutes to respond to or are stuff like they can't get something working after a server move. I don't think he is or was getting hundreds of support emails a day.

Now, as for writing a script like this - It is something that has crossed my mind, however it's something i'd need to investigate the business case for. There's a handful of people in this thread - sure, but that's only a handful of licenses which probably wouldn't cover the costs to develop and support it. Given that all at once his servers, domain, and even phone number were disconnected it suggests more of an "irish exit" then him getting sick or dying. A phone company probably wouldn't disconnect his service that quickly.

If he did do an exit, then I would have to question if there is enough of a market to make a script like this lest I waste a bunch of time like I did with the TGP script I made. Not many people walk away from a good, functioning, profitable business.

Does anyone have a site running this that they could show me privately? What cam sites did it support?