View Single Post
Old 08-29-2022, 11:47 AM  
zijlstravideo
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Publisher Bucks View Post
Thats actually one of the methods I tried, it works (sort of) but displays the full /root/usr/domain.com/links/link-name-here in the browser.

When editing the rewrite slightly, the most I could get it to do was /links/link/32 (link id number not the title of the link itself).

It also just redirects to my 404 catchall pages content, not the link ids page content :/
But why do you need to take the ID number as a GET query exactly? Why not take the url slug as a query directly? Sounds a lot more straight forward and easier to setup in such way...

For example, just make "domain.com/links.php?id=big-boobies" redirect to "domain.com/links/link/big-boobies". You can skip the whole ID thing, you can get the matching ID number using the slug as well (just look it up from your database).

Or make it work with both the slug and the ID number as query... then let your php code do the magic. If the GET parameter is an integer, connect to your database, find the matching slug first and then go ahead and force redirect to domain.com/links/rick-james-bitch...