View Single Post
Old 12-28-2022, 06:38 AM  
drexl
Whale Hunter

Industry Role:
Some of you have noticed a gradual loss in revenue. I don't think cb is at fault.

It is possible that browsers disabling third party cookies is the main cause. If you use the embed cam tool, you know that it plants a 3rd party cookie so that when the visitor clicks on it you get credit for bringing a new user to the system. With browsers such as Firefox or Safari third party cookies are blocked by default.

This comes as a problem in addition to the raising number of ad blocking tools. The immediate effect is a loss in counted traffic followed by less signups, and finally less $$ overtime.

Other affiliate programs which don't use third party cookies aren't affected. Most of them plant a cookie after the user clicks on the promo tool. CB popups wouldn't be affected by the cookie restriction either.

I may be wrong but I believe this is a fair assumption.

One partial fix to this would be to change the clickthrough link of the embed cam tool to include the affiliate cookie. Any thoughts?
drexl is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote