View Single Post
Old 05-02-2023, 12:55 PM  
CurrentlySober
Too lazy to wipe my ass

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justaguy31 View Post
These terms are always relative. I surely would be calling a 20 dollar coffee from a woke barista expensive, even though 20 bucks isn't a whole lot of money. Same thing goes for a CMS.
Apples & Pears mate - You are talking about buying a coffee as a customer - I am talking about owning a chain of coffee shops, selling the $20 coffee to the customers.

Quote:
If you had spend a few more seconds to read my post, you would have noticed that the most expensive was 4600. I listed MechBunny as expensive relative to KVS, as it doesn't seem to be any better but the contrary at first sight.
I meant realistic expensive for someone just starting out - If you already have a portfolio of members sites, all generating income, and you wish to group them together, under one CMS, the perhaps masCMS is what you are looking for?

But reading your post, you are not in that position - You are just starting out, and are looking for a CMS to run a tube site. Again, Apples & Pears.

How do you intend to get your content? Embedding from other tubes? Nothing wrong with that - So that's what you need to look for in a CMS - Unfortunately, some of the most popular cheap plugins / packages that specifically do just that, are for WP - But they are ruled out, as you do not wish to use it.

Quote:
I kindly invite you to write your experience on any of the above CMS, WP excluded.
I have never needed a CMS. So I cant give you personal opinions of ANY of the scripts you listed - Not even WP really - What I am trying to do, is to offer 'Big Picture' advice - That's all.

Again, Good Luck
CurrentlySober is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote