View Single Post
Old 05-03-2023, 12:02 AM  
k0nr4d
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
No offense, but you really need to rethink your business plan if any of these are expensive...

First off, you are not just paying for a piece of software - you are paying for support as well. You are paying for someone to be there when something breaks and you are paying for someone to answer your questions, help you modify things to your needs and so forth. Secondly, there is the comfort factor - all of these CMSes do similar things but each has its own interface which may be more comfortable for you to use then a different one.

Third the cost of the software at $150-400 for most of what you need to run an *entire business* is ridiculously cheap especially for the ones that are a one time cost. If these cost 10x that it would be an extremely cheap entry point to fire up a business. Try opening even a stupid bakery or something and you will spend $5000 just on shelves to store the bread you bake let alone ovens and other stuff you'd need. We run 2 dental clinics as well - I have spent millions of dollars on medical equipment, commercial property, renovating them from zero, air conditioners, computers etc. As the old saying goes - you have to spend money to make money. Using the cheapest hosting will bite you in the ass, too.

I can't speak for the other ones, but people have been using our software for 10+ years, and there are people that are running hundreds of sites off of a *one-time payment* they made 10+ years ago. The software also does tons more then it did 10 years ago and people have gotten those updates for free. There are sites running our software that I know for a fact have changed hands for hundreds of thousands of dollars.
k0nr4d is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote