View Single Post
Old 01-05-2024, 09:16 AM  
ArlinAurora
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by celandina View Post
I would be cautious...she talks a lot of nonsense, then bupkis
Well, on the other hand, you asked for a proposal and we spent time developing what would be a good one, perhaps we just do not do things like others in this industry (e.g. fast and wrong). And then I had other things to do, and as you said several times, we were just “shooting the breeze” so I put priority on things that were, hm, already in the wind. Sorry you did not get a proposal fast enough that was hypothetical in the first place but me and a company putting priorities on the things we believe are highest priority is definitely NOT the same as “talking nonsense” and it is also definitely NOT a reason to tell people to “be careful”. How sad that you would essentially defame someone when all that actually happened was that I never delivered your proposal and had a LOT going on, and I was met with constant talk about how you have been scammed over and over again (that is another constant in this industry I have found) and how I “needed” to stay in touch with you—um, yes, you said that I needed to make sure I at least checked in with you about the development of a proposal for a hypothetical project when we were just “shooting the breeze” and, yes, I think that it is unnecessary to check in with a potential client who is just “shooting the breeze” and warns about fraud so often that it seems you are actually expecting it from a new contact and implying that fraud is somehow a given. I don’t know anyone who would want to deal with the aforementioned issues from you (i.e., high maintenance) without any work or payment, and when specifically mentioning over and over again the importance of understanding the hypothetical nature of your inquiry. And therefore, and I believe understandably, I placed priority first on paying clients and our own corporate development and internal project development. We have had a lot of contact with us about productions and content and have literally taken one client and we are happy with that at the moment. Though there are a couple others we would like to work with but unfortunately we are a startup and things are moving fast so even those proposals have been delayed endlessly—again, I feel it is right to put the emphasis and priority of my days on what is producing for the company (is that crazy?). So while I would like to get back to at least a couple people, clients come first and our longer term corporate goals come first as well. Eventually, our work will more than speak for itself, so if people we would like to work with do not like that we had to put proposals on the back burner for a little while longer are upset, I feel that will quickly change when our work is seen publicly and with many announcements we will be making quite soon. Anyhow, this is also a waste of my time except to say to you that I found it discouraging that fraud was implied in every one of your emails because you had been scammed so many times and because I found it too much to be taking away from true priorities to walk on eggshells and have to check in with you and so on when we never began working together. I find it egregious and negligent that you would write something here in public that again implies wrongdoing (“be careful” and talks “nonsense”) without having anything at ALL to backup your claims or feelings except that I flat out told you I would not even be interested in working with you, again for all of the reasons mentioned herein. Oh, by the way, if you are concerned about everyone being a fraud, the last thing you should do is make careless and baseless statements about someone who, if they were something to be “careful” about, literally turned down work. Don’t the people to be careful about actually actively pursue you and try to get money out of you? That seems obvious. I did the opposite of that! But because I did not reply and then declined doing business with you at all, I am now someone to watch out for? That, my friend, is the only nonsense I see. But I digress, and will not continue an argument that has no basis in reality. Post solid proof as to why people should be careful or as to what nonsense I am supposedly talking, or otherwise, do not say anything at all. Do you think it is funny to just take a grievance like what I explained herein and then air it publicly and make it sound like some kind of crime? Would you have appreciated someone doing that when, back in the day, you were starting your business? I do not think so. That is a shame. Best of luck to you, though.
ArlinAurora is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote