View Single Post
Old 01-12-2024, 02:28 PM  
seksi
Phonetically Sexy

Industry Role:
I think asking questions to save a few hundred bucks is pretty smart, and if you find a way to save money, but had money to spend on something you may have budgeted for, now you have a couple hundred bucks to spend on promo materials, your start up costs and lawyer, domains.

I trade secrets. Full disclosure, though, I'm not really allowed to earn very much money without losing healthcare, so making a small amount of beer money, or breaking even over the year for tax purposes, makes being "just an affiliate" make sense for me. I am also into the idea that there can be a community spirit here and we can sort of look out for other webmasters, at least those we've met in person and seem to not be entirely evil.

Even if all the great opportunities for signing up other English speaking webmasters with your referral link, at least for adult, have sort have dried up, there's maybe some good in being friendly and helpful to the newcomer who is brave enough to ask questions and actually try to show up in person.

I actually "won" a ticket that would have been free for me anyway in a contest on the Netpond board, the first time I came to Internext, and I didn't really make much money until I met a few people in the flesh and owned a little promo content (all SFW, BTW) that I could use to just build pages and links for spider food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegacy View Post
Well not a good way to start in the business if you can't pay to go to a trade show or afford a couple hundred bucks for a ticket.

If you want help starting a adult business realize you'll need money and I can't think of anyone who's going to give away secrets without getting paid. You'll need to find your own golden goose for that
seksi is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote