View Single Post
Old 04-01-2024, 04:28 PM  
Huggles
Confirmed User

Cost me $500 during COVID in 2021, came with snow tires and I used it to move from Vancouver to Kelowna.

Blew the head gasket, swapped it in an underground parking lot by jacking up the cylinder head via the exhaust system, slipped the old gasket out, new one in, 40 minutes later it was running great again!

Head gasket blew again, but it's running fine for 3+ years now, no oil changes, I just top it up. When I needed to do the brakes, they were $10 on RockAuto. The engine just does not stop running and everything works. I drove it to the liquor store in -29c weather and it started no problem, although the 5 speed manual was like churning butter because the oil was mostly frozen.

As far as NEW cars go? Cybertruck is by far the coolest new vehicle, but any vehicle with excessive screen-size and computer do-dads is just annoying as shit. The simpler, the better, shit I'd rock a Model-T if I could afford one.