Thread: Earth Day 2024
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2024, 01:11 PM  
jscott
jscizzle

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseQuinn View Post
don't buy plastic bottles except for shampoo/conditioner/red hair dye cuz I don't (yet) have a choice. my face powders and lip balms are in plastic too, same as my advil and diovol

my vitamins and such I have a choice to get them in little paper bags that are excellent for scooping cat litter. two come in plastic containers, apparently it's the 'rules' cuz not vitamins. paper bags at least bio-degrade

the wrapping on my cigs too. really why is that needed? also dish detergent and laundry powder. there are alternatives to all the above but just not available

don't drink soda and have my own wata bottle. my garbage bags are bio-degradable (as almost all are here)

plastic shopping bags banned. take out food (which I don't eat) comes in cardboard containers. still the plastic forks though...

everything I eat comes off the land on a plate or in tins (glycerna) or cans (tomato juice). stores sell glycerna in plastic bottles too, in 6 packs with those awful plastic rings around the pack no one bothers to cut up so birds etc get their necks stuck in them and can't hunt

small steps, but important ones. like I'm not gonna wash my hair and let it go brown and not smoke? might be an excuse not to do laundry though

reduce
reuse
recycle

it's a hierarchy for a reason

this is not sanctimonious ish, just demanding a better way

not gonna pretend all my flights don't impact the earth, and that's a fight for another day, but I don't need to buy shit in plastic where I can make other choices
I wouldn't expect anything less from you Jesse.

Just wish other people would care too. Everytime I'm in North America I mostly see nobody gives a shit. It still seems to be a luxury to be able to waste food, everything. Sickening. And we still have these same people who cry "but climate, but pollution, but but but" fucking pisses me off. To those of you, change yourself before you preaching your fake concerns....

These are the same people who claim they love animals and will walk past an injured death-ridden animal in need of help.

Listen to Pomp tell why is Bitcoin important
jscott is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote