View Single Post
Old 04-24-2024, 04:49 AM  
hellboy78
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_software_dev View Post
Hello! So I'm a software developer with experience on the tech side of the adult field, but 0 experience on the business side. Few months ago I started working on a webcam aggregator script with the intention of selling it once it's done. I'm close to finish, so I started looking at other aggregators / cam affiliates to see how we compare and here is where I start to get confused...

I noticed that my aggregator "script" (which is now basically a full CMS) is miles away from every other website or script of this type. It has so much better SEO and user experience, AND it's super easy to set up (I think I can build 2-3 websites per day with it). In terms of SEO and UX I was able to find only 2 other websites that come close, and those are definitely custom-made. So now that I've seen what the competition looks like between affiliates, I'm starting to think that maybe I shouldn't sell my webcam aggregator CMS to others but build my own websites with it, since they would be so much better. The problem is that selling the script provides revenue instantly, while building my own affiliate sites means that I will start earning in ~3-6 months from now.

So.. I'm curious, what would you do?
great...