View Single Post
Old 04-27-2024, 07:09 PM  
Pad
elephants dont swat flies

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy View Post
You sound talented (out-of-whackness included). Congrats.
yeah i'm dope thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
Explain the blockchain's problems like I'm a drunk and retarded
drunk retard version = alice wants to send 100 hugglescoins to bob. computers work together to make that transaction happen. carefully crafted questions asked to the computers that are working together can make them crash and stop working. that results in a blockchain network going down and sometimes opens the door to a 51% attack. that's when you have more computer power than the rest of the network and it allows you to print free money (hugglescoin baby!)

smart version = i find ways to oom nodes by sending malformed packets, entering in as a peer and pulling mempool, block ranges, warp speed pinging, whatever it takes to out of memory crash the blockchain node. i've smacked most blockchains i've taken aim at. if i don't give up my success rate is probably 9.x/10 - and that was the grueling case with the bitcoin exploits. blockchain may be fundamentally broken by way of botnet. ordinarily a botnet would bloody its knuckles against any blockchain network, but when certain malformed requests are moved into the node that make it overthink it's game over