View Single Post
Old 05-05-2024, 07:12 AM  
BigFurry
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
As an affiliate, my experience is that the NATS team can do pretty much everything:
1. They can import CCBILL affiliates and auto-create NATS accounts for them
2. Redirect CCBILL link codes and they will track in NATS
3. Old members' future rebills can be moved to NATS, and will show up under the NATS affiliate that referred them

2-3. might require you to keep your CCBILL merchant account and/or use them as one of your billers. But I'm sure the TMM team can quickly provide the up-to-date details, it's a pretty common thing for CCBILL programs to move to NATS. One thing that might need specific investigation is if old FHGs will keep working and tracking.

I think for established programs with multiple sites it was worth moving to NATS. They get the better stats and advanced options that NATS offers, and the possibility to add more billers and more payment methods for subscriptions. Maybe there were affiliates who left the program, but the switch also might have attracted new affiliates who prefer the better NATS tracking. Win some, lose some.

That was before the SEPA issue though. If this SEPA issue doesn't get solved quickly, I think there might be more to lose by staying with the CCBILL affiliate platform.
In fact, there are probably also non-US & non-EU affiliates who already left CCBILL in the past few years, after CCBILL completely stopped sending international wires to affiliates. These affiliates were already without a working payment method, since they mostly can't cash in checks in their countries either.

CCBILL can be good for smaller, singe-site programs, newer sites. Affiliates might not trust them enough to promote them in NATS, or it's just not worth tracking payments of a small site for the $50 / year it generates. There are too many of these small NATS programs that have payment issues. CCBILL in the past was always guaranteed to pay, and the bundled payout for lots of sites was very nice.

One thing is for sure though - if a program decides to go NATS, they should be ready to support multiple affiliate payment methods. If you only support 1-2 methods, you might miss out on some affiliates. Checks, Paxum, Wires options are the minimum in my opinion, but it's great if you also offer Paypal, ACH, SEPA, and possibly even crypto.

All that being said, I still think that CCBILL is working on re-adding SEPA, otherwise they would have sent out a communication about the change already. They did this in the past when there were big changes in the payout options.
BigFurry is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote