View Single Post
Old 05-15-2024, 07:29 AM  
mopek1
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wautier View Post
I get it, but this is mostly to do with recycled content, and content of dubious origin.

Like fuzebox mentioned earlier, not only do you need to have legal pages explaining the takedown procedures, but you also need to have good documentation for your content, and not just ID/2257. No legit paysite with a proper production will have these issues, only tiny paysites using recycled content... they just don't want the hassle of someone coming back and including the processors in the suit as well over a 2001 shoot for XYZ Productions LLC that no longer even exists, but My Paysite LLC is still using the said content, even though the performer moved on now, and is married to a rich dentist out of Connecticut.

You won't get issues like this with paysites that are producing new content, and that are able to get up-to-date information on performers, etc... but yeah, I don't see an issue here. This is just risk mitigation... would you risk it? I personally wouldn't... using recycled content is a disaster waiting to happen.

Obviously, it's different if you shot it, and are able to get in touch with performers, but otherwise... not much use for it.
Sure, maybe you have a point and that Visa is correct. But at least give a valid reason, or allow the business to fix the problem. Just say, "We don't deal with recycled content anymore. We used to but made the decision not to. Sorry for any inconvenience."

But my frustration was with (and always is with) people being vague and cowardly, and doing things because they 'feel like it' and not because of official procedure. They don't want anything they say or do to be on the record because then they'd have to own their policies.
mopek1 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote