View Single Post
Old 06-18-2024, 09:52 AM  
GoCastaway
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjeezers View Post
In 2009, under new management, they overhauled the payout systems. Those who had brought in studios, many of which are now prominent names, were restricted to earnings for a maximum of 12 months, after which they received nothing.

When I confronted them about this during a live cam summit, where I was serving as the assistant organizer, they demanded an apology through my boss, as they were the main sponsor. Consequently, I had to approach their sponsored table and apologize, stating, "I am sorry for telling the truth directly." My boss, one of the major live cam studio owners, had signed up under me in 2006.

Webcam platforms consistently seek ways to exploit their affiliates. We are valuable in the beginning, but eventually, they undermine our efforts, believing they are above us.

Years ago, GFY planned to introduce a Live Cam Area on their forum for this lucrative business. However, they stalled this idea, likely to avoid harming themselves. I was asked personally to lead that area. However, considering the influence of sponsorship money and my critical perspective, no business would survive there because I would expose their manipulation against affiliates. Take this from someone who is sending them traffic since they had 4 cams online in 2004. 20 Years of experience with them, I seen them going from Begging affiliates to smoking them into a mist cause they got so ... big.

I have been saying for years, and I will continue to say, that the big names use us affiliates as expendable resources.

Point here, they are focused on showing their affiliates less and lesser info. Old Stats were showing you insights, new stats show you nothing. It's the smoke cloud they are thriving on. Now you see some modern looking graphs that are way of chart. 20 Years I am an affiliate there, many of the board readers have a similar time of funding them with clicks, and see where we are now... it's heart breaking.
Totally agree!
GoCastaway is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote